Featured Post

Introduction <============ CLICK ME

12/25/19

My Artistic Scale

So I'll be reviewing stuff quite often over here.
To get it all standardized, I have set some ground rules:

  • I rate stuff out of 5
    • So like 1 to 5 stars. If you want out of ten then you can multiply the score I give. 
  • I can define High or Low for each Star
    • So a Low 3 means it was good enough to barely reach the 3rd Star (meaning ill recommend with hesitation in this case)





Now ill explain each star (Examples are Western Shows/Movies & Anime respectively):







Enjoyable: 1/5 -> I sat through it all, but it wasn't enjoyable OR it was enjoyable but had 0 Artistic innovation. As in it was a run of the mill copy paste that didn't even try anything original or explore something in debt.

E,g: Pacific Rim 2 or GATE

Artistic: 2/5 -> I quite enjoyed it, and it had an Artistic spin in it, E.g: It showed how Video-Games connect people on an emotional level and explored the said theme. However, I don't think i'll recommend this to anyone 

E.G: Netflix Witcher Series or Domestic no Konojo
The Action Scenes and Henry Cavill's Acting were breathtaking
However the adaption of the source material was weak, and even its own Narrative felt flat and uninspiring plus the Pacing was off and thematic tension was inconsistent.

Recommend: 3/5 -> I enjoyed it, It added something to it's artistic medium or was a good adaption of existing forms. I would definitely want to tell others about this!

E.G: Netflix Castlevania Series or Darker Than Black

Re-watch: 4/5 -> I loved it!, It is a piece of art! I'll not only tell others about this, but I can imagine re-watching this some day in the future

E.G: The Orient Express or Bungou no Stray Dogs

Perfection: 5/5 -> I absolutely love it!, It is deep and artistic and had a lot of thought put into making it. I will recommend this to everyone! I also plan to re-watch this in future, In-Fact I'll download/buy this and keep it on my machine so I can watch it again whenever I want! 
I don't know how to make this better, but I don't feel it has that spark to be a masterpiece, that makes me want to burst into tears or Shout out in absolute joy and ecstasy.

E.G: Netflix The Irishmen or Kuroko no Basket



Masterpiece: 6/5 -> A MasterpieceAll of the aboveCannot make it any better and it Roused my emotions and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it!

E.G: The Darkest Hour 2018 + Brooklyn Nine Nine OR Steins;Gate + Haikyuu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment